Tuesday, May 3, 2016

NEW Majestic Homes Website!


Currently found at



How My Website Design Uses the

Gestalt Principles of;

SIMILARITY / CONTINUATION / CLOSURE / PROXIMITY / FIGURE & GROUND

SIMILARITY:
The logo was designed with this principle in mind.  The 'M' was combined with a symbol to make it look like a 'crown' and 'gold' contrasting and complimentary colors were used, all to create a feeling of elegant custom homes build by 'king builder' ... the 'Premier Home Builders in Utah".

CONTINUATION:
The comments from people on our FB campaign page were used with this principle in mind. As potential clients open the home page, the comments fly in across the page to the right bottom corner.  Helping the eye follow across the page and to that important axiom of bottom right hand corner. The plan is to add different comments from homebuilders hear along with rotating the Majestic Homes Logo with the owners contact information.  The idea behind this is so the website viewers can see positive comments from clients of Majestic, then quickly get their phone numbers and call for a bid on their own custom build job.

FIGURE & GROUND:
On my website above, I made the 'distinct elements of focus' the pictures of the homes, since I wanted them to stand out and be noticed.  The background are the tabs on top and the website navigational tools.  My desire was to make the  photographs so appealing to the viewers that they would look for the phone numbers of the builders on the 'About' tab on top.


Axioms of Web Design 

Business-Communication Objectives/Strong Grid/The Lower Right/Continuity/Intuitiveness/Aesthetically Pleasing/Converts to Aspect Ratios 


BUSINESS OBJECTIVE:
Keeping the owners business objective in mind was a most important axiom of this web design.  The owners objectives to update and simplify

STRONG GRID: 
I intentionally chose a strong grid with a quiet structure by de-emphasizing the structural elements in the blog.  I chose strong, clean lines wth contrasting color from the white background of the blog.  I feel that the quiet structure help create a clean grid feeling and also give off a horizontal line along the bottom that felt in balance with the rule of thirds, especially on the bottom contrasting section of the blog. I intentionally kept the design simple and clean to give off a feel of good clean construction and order.

CONTINUITY
I kept a feeling of continuity by keeping the tabs the same throughout the website, in color and typestyle as well as size and visual feel and structure.

INTUITIVENESS:
The navigation is intuitive and easily recognizable for people new to the site or new to surfing the web. I keep the tabs consistent in color, shape, size and position throughout the site and contrasted them with the white background with a navy blue, creating what I feel is a very aesthetically pleasing look.

AESTHETICALLY PLEASING:
Because aesthetically pleasing websites are mush easier to look at, I used the rule that imagery itself is usually more appealing and I chose the most beautiful images I could find. Next I contrasted it with text of the positive comments I am gathering from happy home owners.

CONVERTS TO ASPECT RATIOS:
I made sure that the site converts for 3-4 split screen for mobile devices. It comes up clean and balanced with good, quiet structure and is also aesthetically pleasing when the aspect ratios changes.

Style Guide for Website & Logo;



TypeStyles FONTS USED:


COLORS USED: 

No comments:

Post a Comment