Monday, April 25, 2016

Collaboration on Design: NEW Majestic Homes Website

After a successful Facebook Campaign, collaboration with the owners of Majestic Homes, Inc. on the development of a NEW website, advertisement campaign, and possible logo update began.  The owner is very excited to work with me to develop a new website for their custom home building company that has been in business since 1986.

Problems I am rectifying for Majestic Homes:

1 - Former Real Estate Agent owned Majestic's Domain (majestichomesutah.com)
2 - Old Website hadn't been updated since 2012
3 - Website only had SOLD homes listed on the site
 
4 - Real Estate Companies number was the only contact number listed on website (no business was coming to Majestic from their own website)                        
5 - Website and Logo Needed Update

Artifacts of Progress Achieved Thus Far:
Currently Collaborating With Design/Logo Professional to Design Signs for New & Upcoming Projects for Majestic Home and New Logo Ideas (I have paid a company to check my work and give me more suggestions) since my designs will most definitely be used for the NEW Majestic look.  I also was trying to follow my visual design instructor (Eric Young) instructions to 'collaborate with others' on this project (especially since I had to do this group project by myself because I was in CA playing baseball for Dixie State Universities baseball team when the groups were picked in class.)  I wanted to  complete the assignment to the best of my abilities while following Mr. Young's outline/instructions for this assignment.

Sign Design For a Development Project Upcoming w/Majestic
(This sign when approved will be on the property site 4' x 8') We redesigned this entire map - the old property map had less visually appealing color tones and typestyle.  I like the use of black as the background color with the contrasting gold - it pops out and gets attention, while giving a feeling of elegance.  Each of the designs I displayed I have attempted to keep within the rule of thirds. The gold logo above Majestic was made using the Gestalt principle of similarity; intentionally combining the 'M' in Majestic with a symbol to give the similarity to a 'crown', symbolizing Majestic as the top 'king' custom home builder using the Gestalt principle of similarity.

Advertisement/Marketing sign for Majestic on Redwood Rd (13200 So. 1700 W):
This sign was digitally created by taking a picture of an 'actual sign' of Majestic Homes advertising their business on Redwood Rd.  The 'new image' that you see is digitally imposed on top of  the 'old signage'.  This was done to give the owners a feel for how the new logo would look in place of the old. 

New  LOGO* Ideas:
 This image with the home on bottom is intentionally set with the rule of thirds in mind along with the 'simplicity' principle to create ease in understand and make it more visually appealing.* The color tones and lighting on the home are intentionally chosen to create a feeling of warmth and elegance to go along with Majestic Homes' style of 'custom built' homes.
Homes by Majestic are crafted with excellence and 2 homes are never identical - they are uniquely built for each home owner.  This 'Majestic Crafted' logo was chosen with that in mind.
This is the 'old logo' 

Domain Change Successful as of 4-25-16
  • Steps I Took to Make this Happen Were;
    • Contacted and collaborated with Majestic Homes Owner
    • Was given Real Estate Agents contact information
    • Contacted and Collaborated with Agent to get information for successful domain transfer
    • Got EPP number needed to make a successful transfer through BlueHost (March 28)
    • BlueHost Domain Transfer Steps Below that I accomplished (April 25)
 Click 'Transfer Domain'

Next I Selected Domain to Transfer, Entered EPP# & Completed Domain Transfer


Locked Domain to Prevent Unwanted Transfer Update Contact Information
I am Working CURRENTLY with Jordan at BlueHost (based out of Orem, UT) to Transfer ALL  Old Information from former Domain to Archive

PROGRESS ONGOING/TO BE COMPLETED NEXT:

  • Completion of Data Transfer cost $150-$200 
  • Projected Time to completion of Transfer 7-10 days
  • Old Website down during transfer (Landing Page UP)

PROJECTED TIME of COMPLETION of Website Upcoming Soon
While I am finishing work on the Website I have installed this landing page
Other Communication Artifacts I created are;
Business Cards
Advertisement Post Card 
(for a Home Currently For Sale In Bluffdale Utah)

   I chose an 'oversized' 8.52 x 5.47 postcard to be sent out to advertise the Majestic Home for sale.  The pictures and coloring I chose to add, including the logo's I selected to use were chosen to reflect the color palate and theme for the NEW Majestic style plan and look.
Below are the Typestyles that I chose to use for the business cards along with a screenshot I took as I was developing the landing page for the website I am designing for Majestic. 




(I used WordPress to make the landing page)





Here are some of the Typestyles and paper for the postcard I could choose from to change it up a bit each time we mail it out. 


GO TO: 

MajesticHomesUtah.com 

to watch the progress of the 

NEW Website of Majestic Homes, Inc









No comments:

Post a Comment