Sunday, April 24, 2016

Compose Your Frame




    I took this picture 2 years ago on my iPhone 5 when I went fly fishing on the Sacramento river near Whiskey Town, CA. Whats funny is this spot is literally right below the well traveled I-5 interstate but because of all the vegetation this scenic spot was completely hidden. Once I hiked through through the forest and arrived at the river where I could get a could look of what was around me, I was amazed and surprised to see these old bridges that where completely out of site before. Being down at the river bed where I was boxed in by huge bridges (right behind me is the massive I-5 bridge) and surrounded by 200' high Red Wood pines you can imagine how small I felt.
      As for the assignment the first thing I noticed were the diagonal lines that the bridges created which pulled my eye into the forest covered hills. The rule of thirds pleasantly applies to this photo as I noticed the vertical lines matched with those of the trees/bridges and the horizontal lines of the riverbank and hills in background that provide the horizon. The bridges diagonal lines create the focal point which is the center of the image where the bridges peacefully disappear into the red woods. I also saw patterns resulting from the bridges supporting pillars and structures which all together make for great picture that brings back many memories.
   
P.S. The fishing was phenomenal!








No comments:

Post a Comment